ADVERTISEMENT

Oline thoughts

FortWorthBuckeye24

Freshman
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2022
I am just going to lay out some thoughts I have in my head regarding this oline. If folks want to converse cool or ignore that’s cool too. I come at this with the approach that pass blocking is MUCH harder than run blocking. This is something I’ve noticed with the Broncos oline as I’m a beleaguer Broncos fan and something I’ve noticed watching the Bears due to my Justin Fields obsession. Run blocking skills normally come first and pass blocking is something that takes more time to develop. We, as a rivals board group, saw this many times last year with Matthew Jones in a different way. He’s an elite olinemen (imo) and he did well pass blocking last year and struggled run blocking bc of his foot injury.

We have 2 great guards and 2 identified starters that need some development and a couple vying for RT that need more than a little development. As a result this group can run block well in general (Tegra on the edge with Chips long run) and pass block pretty well up the middle and on the left. I think by the time we get to September this offensive line will be good enough to reach the goals, but I think the staff needs to look in the portal to A) further the competitive and fighting spirit and B) as some insurance.

I am in no way concerned with how McCord looked. He needs capable oline play and decent weapons and after Marv sat today he had 1 multi year in Ballard with developmental guys and freshman. That’s it, that’s my thoughts lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News