ADVERTISEMENT

OSU, the B10 and the “BAMA” rule

FlaPete

Senior
Gold Member
Jul 14, 2001
That first quarter call on the Michigan State pass was completely indefensible. That was a fumble. Or at worst, they could have imagined the receivers shoulder was down.

to look at that play, where he clearly made a catch, made a football move, took 2 steps ams tried to stretch the ball (and dropping it on contact) and decide it was incomplete, and award MSU a shot at a FG is just atrocious.

which brings me to Bama and the $EC. Living here in orlando, I see my share of $EC games. The $EC refs absolutely make calls to either protect Bama or get them out of a jam on a play gone wrong at crunch time. It’s well known to those that watch.

I really feel like OSU is living in the “upside down” in the B10. The refs seem to have it out for us. Like the league wants someone else to win the B10 title, playoffs be damned.

we all know about the “special holding” rules relative to OSU DE’s (holding could be called on virtually every play on the opposing OL, but rarely is - and yet the call on Ruckert last week so was so ticky-tacky, erasing an OSU TD).

I’m just sick of it, and I don’t understand it. I know every fan base thinks their team gets screwed by the refs. But it’s just so blatant w OSU. It’s like the league office is just dying to get another team into the B10 title game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News