ADVERTISEMENT

Second Wiseman on Fields

NevadaBuck

Staff
Jun 20, 2001
The Second Wiseman is one of the few that has had extended interactions with Justin Fields...

here are his thoughts....

"Been able to spend a decent amount of time with Justin since he has arrived. Didn't have a previous relationship with him or his family so I came in with a clean slate and no expectation of what he was about.

What has struck me immediately is how intelligent this kid is and how is understanding of the game is far advanced from where I thought it might be. You would expect anyone that is just immersing themselves in the OSU offense to be the proverbial "deer in headlights"--and that is not what I found.

While he struggled with the terminology(of course)--his fundamental understanding of what OSU is trying to do to defenses was nothing short of amazing. He understands where they want the ball, who they want to have the ball and why they want them to have the ball--which is really the whole ballgame when it comes to being a QB.

Smart smart kid---asked very thoughtful and articulate questions. A bit on the shy side, so doesn't immediately convey that "Alpha" feel to him--but you can see a quiet confidence bubbling just beneath the surface.

Clearly he has the physical skills in abundance as he just looks the part of being an OSU QB.

But his command of the mental stuff---this early in the process---is what really grabbed my attention. As that is so unusual to find in a young QB.

I think he is going to be a really special player here..."

more to come

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News