ADVERTISEMENT

The Narrative...

EricDavis44

Walk-on
Gold Member
Oct 5, 2022
I don't know if I've ever seen a month like this for OSU football.

From the de-commits to the NIL crapola, the mood on this board (and in OSU fan circles) is like our shiny new jet unexpectedly nosedived out of the sky. Well before the apparently inevitable (according to many of us) fiery crash in two weeks, I'd like to opine that there's no reason OSU can't win two epic games, flip the script, win the natty and give the rest of the football world (and a few recruits) the middle finger.

UGA is rightfully favored, but they're also a flawed team. We've got the best passer in OSU history, Marvin Jr. is an all-time WR and plenty of talent along both lines and other skill positions. The team is also running the ball better than it has all year. This game is nothing but opportunity for OSU. Beat the SEC's best in their own back yard. Only Day is under pressure. The players are playing with house money. They should be loose and energized. And Day seems serious about eliminating the OSU is soft Ie: "Chip Kelly's Oregon-East" narrative. I absolutely expect him to call his best game.

Could we get blown out? Sure. And if we do (after suffering the SCUM humiliation and having 3.5 weeks to prepare for UGA) we can all push the 5-alarm fire button together and talk about the Mike Vrabels of the world. But frankly, win or lose, I expect our best showing all year. UGA will be overconfident. They're 18-22 year old kids (plus that old-man QB) playing in their back yard. It's human nature to assume.

Stay positive, my friends. That's why they play the games. And we're wearing the best uniforms in OSU history. This is doable. LFG!!! Somebody cue that locker room scene from Major League. "Well, I guess there's only 1 thing left to do..."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News