ADVERTISEMENT

The poisoning of American soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan. Please read

Susan

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
My son in law, SGT Heath Robinson (Ohio Army National Guard) was diagnosed with an extremely rare stage IV lung cancer and an also very rare autoimmune disease earlier this year. He's dying. He's 36 years old with a 4 year old daughter. Heath served in Iraq and was exposed to toxic burn pits. It's a long story, but KBR, a subsidiary of Halliburton, the defense contractor was contracted and PAID to build incinerators for burning trash and waste. Instead they kept the millions paid and burn everything from rubber tires, military vehicles, medical waste, animal carcasses, human body parts, chemicals, styrofoam....and more. The fires were started with jet fuel, also highly toxic. Over 100,000 soldiers are known to be sick, terminally ill or already dead due to exposure to these toxins. Some of the burn pits were built on Saddam Hussein's chemical weapons dumps, as well.

Heath's doctors have determined that his rare type of lung cancer is ONLY caused by exposure to toxic chemicals.

The Dept of Defense and the VA both deny that any of these soldier's illnesses were caused by the toxic burn pits. Many seriously ill veterans are being denied health care and other benefits from the VA. Many are being accused of faking illnesses just to get on disability. It's horrible how our soldiers are treated after fighting overseas for their country.

In July I went to a Congressional Briefing at Congress in an effort to help lobby Congressmen and women to hold a public hearing where these burn pit victims can tell their stories. So far Congress hasn't done much. They even voted down a bill a couple years ago that cut money allocated for researching the burn pits and documenting the sickness and deaths. The DOD does nothing but deny that anything toxic was burned. The British hired Iraqi's to build incinerators on their bases and their veterans who served there are not suffering and dying like the Americans are.

A wonderful man named, Greg Lovett, filmed a documentary telling the story of how America poisoned it's soldiers, titled "Delay, Deny, Hope You Die". I am hosting a one night only screening of the movie in Columbus Oh, Gahanna actually, on Oct. 18 at 7:30. If any of you would like to attend, I have free tickets to give away. Or if you know anyone in the Columbus area who would like to attend, PM me or leave a message here if interested. Our sick veterans and their families need more awareness out there to help get the message to Congress to DO SOMETHING!!!! The VA and DOD won't. In fact, as bad as the VA is, I was told by an attorney at the Congressional Briefing that the DOD makes the VA look wonderful!!!!!!

Here's a link to the preview: https://vimeo.com/221387789

The following is a plea from my daughter urging others to please come see this movie if you can. She also tells her husband's story. Thank you for reading this!!

"

This may not be the ideal film you want to watch in theaters and this is going to be a night full of great sadness, anger, and despair. Please strongly consider coming to view this. Our country is not helping so many veterans who need desperate tests, surgeries, biopsies, and treatment. Please don't turn a blind eye and please come educate yourself with what the new Agent Orange is of our era. Soldiers are dying and fighting for their lives now in their 20s and 30s. The media and our government will not expose this for the civilian world to know.

This is Heath's story.

It wasn't until the moment we were sitting in a room at Zangmeister when the word "burn pit" would come to light and our young lives would change forever. Heath's oncologist looked at us and said, "What the Hell have you been exposed to? This is the type of Cancer which comes from toxic exposure." The only thing, which even remotely explains his type of Cancer and his extremely rare Autoimmune disorder is the Burn Pits he was near when he was in Iraq on guard duty near one of Saddam's palaces. Keep in mind I am writing this about 5 months and 7 doctors that horrible day meeting with an oncologist.

The problem also is that there is no tumor and when this happens, what are you going to target and how are you going to treat it? He already had mets to his bone and the pericardium. If chemo did not shrink it, the oncologist told us you will only have a couple months to live as it was compromising his bronchioles and airway. He told us to get everything in order with paperwork, POA’s, etc. for the end of life. The doctor started to cry and had to excuse himself from the room to give us time. Heath pounded on the wall leaned up against it and started bawling. I had to hold him up at one point to prevent him from falling. As soon as we left we went to his parents’ house to tell them how the doctors appointment went. We went to his sisters and we went to a couple close friends. Reliving the words possibly only a couple months to live and there is no cure was the hardest thing we have ever had to do. On top of this you are still in shock.

Heath's cancer is in his membranes, in his lungs, thoracic wall, heart, all of the chest and neck lymph nodes. However, his CT scan back in July was the best it could be and everything did shrink. It sparked a lot of hope in Heath, and unfortunately many other people around him started to think he was cured and in remission. The oncologist had to bring Heath back to reality and said the immunotherapy is not a cure. If Heath continues responding to it, it will just shrink the cancer. It will not be gone though. It will buy him time and quality of life. And it surely has. There are good days and there are bad days. Heath never has a completely comfortable day and I wish he could. He puts up with more than a person should have to, but he is blessed to have more time on this earth with his family and friends and most importantly, Brielle. The ENT said to just keep praying for a cure or miracle. The way we would know if this happened would be if his mucus membrane pemphigoid symptoms go away because the autoimmune disorder was a result from the cancer. Right know he is starting to have other symptoms in a new area from this.

The anger, the depression, the worry, the fear, having faith, praying, the roller coaster ride is like nothing you have ever experienced before. Surgeries, ER visits, countless treatments, countless imaging, countless meds, everyday nose bleeds, the hair loss, the throwing up, the shortness of breath, the fatigue, the extensive sleeping, the gaining weight, the heart racing, the headaches, the blisters, the skin reactions, the insomnia, the bad news, the good news, the lack of feeling like you’re a person or even the lack of feeling you are in your body at all. This is the whirlwind Heath and I are living through.

So please, Heath is only just one case and so many people have been affected by it. There are other diagnoses soldiers are receiving that are also terminal. Please come watch this documentary and help us get more Senators on board to pass bills in Congress to acknowledge these illnesses are from the burn pits. There are a few doctors out there doing lung biopsies on sick soldiers and are finding titanium and copper elements in the soldiers lungs, which they have been able to tie it back to burn pits in Iraq and Afghanistan. We need to get our soldiers the healthcare they deserve and the US government needs to stop using the burn pits filled with toxins as a means of waste removal. These are killing our soldiers off and leaving them with other illnesses they are having to deal with for the rest of their lives. If we don't do this on our homeland, why are we exposing our American soldiers to it."

Coming soon to a theater in Gahanna, OH (Columbus). More information on the exact time and date to be announced soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News