ADVERTISEMENT

Was texting a UGA buddy of mine last night, some perspective

RaleighBuck

Walk-on
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2022
Was texting a good friend who is a UGA grad and was actually a student assistant on the team before graduating from there (think ankle taper and water bottle guy). He had an interesting (and infuriating) perspective on the CFB landscape and OSU. Wanted to hear others thoughts I tend to agree with a lot of what he said.

-He said he and a lot of UGA fans were jumping with joy after the UM game. The general consensus among them is that if they beat bama they coast to their 3rd straight title as OSU was the only other team they view as a threat. I tend to agree with this honestly. He went on to say OSU scares them because of the pure skill talent and days schematic expertise in last years game. He and most UGA fans have no idea why we cant beat UM and they think they can beat UM by 30 because of the complete lack of explosiveness. All in all a lot of respect for us from the UGA side and they are “happy” they likely don’t have to play us.

-Went on to say Kirby beats Sabans title amount by 2030….that was a hot take

-Said most UGA fans think OSU is their biggest threat going forward for years to come if they can learn how to coach/develop. “UGA has ELITE coaching/player dev and ELITE talent” and “yall (OSU) have ELITE talent and below average to bad coaching outside of maybe 2 assistants, its kinda shocking”

-On Day they echoed similar opinions. UGA fans think he is a great offensive coach and is still learning the ropes of being the Head guy, last year kindof put them on notice I guess. Referenced Kirbys first 5 years were always “cant win the big one…those were trying times” and then he found Todd Monken. He, like us, doesn’t think Day has figured out staff building which was another Kirby complaint at the beginning.

Anyway was kind of interesting to hear someone from the other side share similar thoughts. Not trying to rehash why OSU is so close to getting over the hump…just bored WFH today wanted to stir up conversation lol!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News