ADVERTISEMENT

Another Commissioner, really??

kerrycoombover

All-conference
Aug 15, 2015
I think it was Finebaum who brought up the idea that College Football was lacking in Leadership, so what was needed was a CFB Commissioner. It doesn't make any difference who was assigned to make this announcement. Paul was chosen to float that out there.
Because we all know that if you want to fix things, adding more government has always been the solution, right?
No, a CFB Commish would (will) only add to the confusion. There's a saying about cooking in there somewhere, isn't there? " too many cooks, spoil the brew or something..."
No we need less Gubmit, not more to grab a piece of our pie!

I was thinking we don't need Gene Smith involved in CFB. His assistant, Urban Meyer could handle that just fine, and Gene could focus on the other 37 sports at OSU, but thats just me.
Football brings in more money than the other 37, but they need attention.
Urban could handle FB just fine, but thats just me.
Not adding another cook, just making it right. The assistant AD will be a FB AD.
Gene can focus on what he's good at.... like Vollyball admin...and the rest

I consider myself among the least political persons on this forum, but with respect to Kevin, it's impossible NOT to talk about the poly-ticks when discussing the game we love so much.
If anyone can twist their mind enough to be offended, please leave the thread now.
I don't want to see anyone hurt by thoughts.
I feel this is important enough because its threatening the very game we all love.
The fans, the players and the coaches are being raped right now.
more on that later..

Here I was thinking, what a perfect time to eliminate the NCAA! Were they ever needed?

What good has the NCAA done in the history of CFB except to steal a nice slice of the mega money that CFB has become? Who needs them ?
Answer.. Corporations need them. $$$$

If the NCAA were actually eliminated, Cwerf's plan could be put into effect. It would be a huge improvement, imo. Shoot, It's downright brilliant!
I tweaked a few details, but this is Cwerf's idea and plan

It only works well if the worthless NCAA is out of the picture.

You have 4 Power 5 Conferences, 16 teams in each.
Sorry, group of 5 will have to come up with their own Playoff. They're out.. but lets be honest, they were only allowed in appearance, anyway.never had a chance to win it
FCS has their own P/O anyway, and never should've been on any P5 schedule in the first place.

So here a system, with the least Poly-Ticks. (Poly =many / Ticks=blood sucking parasite)
No P5 team would be screwed out of it. This evens the playing field for a true champion to emerge

16 teams per Conference
Only 4 Conferences

(ACC is no longer a Conference. It's debatable if they ever were)

They play 11 in-conference games, and 1 game from one of the 3 other P5 conference.
There will take top 2 teams at the end of the season. (tie breakers can be applied similar to NFL)
Then those 2 teams play each other for the Conference Championship.
The winners are the 4 teams that play in the playoff! Little or no argument there.
There will be so much more money for the teams now that the NCAA is out.They all would have their own TV revenue from their own Conference channels.
BTN will love this
Sorry ESPN, you're out until Bowl season. You are Corporate all the way. You are the CNN of Sports..
FOX and ABC will be left having to bid to the Conferences for Bowl games

The main job of the Conference Commish is to see that bagmoney is out of the game. The players would be paid anyway, once they earn playing time with their team
They will also oversee and support the Bowl season games

No, we don't need another Commissioner. Like everything else on this planet, we need less Government, not more. It's dripping with parasites now, and they want to make it worse?
Imagine a world where we remove the DeWinos, Drake the Snake, etc, from our game.

The Coaches and player vote.
TEAM MEETING:

Coach Day: "Hey guys, we have a flu going around (I think. It's what they say, although I don't know anyone that's died from it) but the good news is it has a 99.996% chance of recovery right now!"
I don't want to force anyone to dangerous situations so I'll ask " Should we play football this year?"
How about having full stadiums and no masks allowed??

Players: Hell ya!!!

Day: It's our game boys, we will call the shots. No one has to come. We just want to play Football

If someone feels like they could catch a cold, they will stay home anyway.
Somehow I believe they will find 105, 000 fans to fill up the stadium every week that will"risk" it.
We all need to wake up before the rest of our lives are stolen from us.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News