ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Another key visitor will attend the Buckeye Bash

Joseph Hastings

Junior
Staff
Jul 20, 2017
Hey all,

I recently received confirmation from Derrick Davis Sr. that his son, Derrick Davis Jr., will indeed be in attendance for Saturday's Buckeye Bash.

This is something we reported 11 days ago that could be a possibility, and we now know for certain that Davis will be in Columbus this weekend. This is big for the Buckeyes' chances with Davis as the fourth-ranked safety on Rivals is slated to announce his commitment on Nov. 7.

The person who informed me earlier this month about Davis potentially going to the recruit-organized summit was Davis Sr. himself. During our conversation, Davis Sr., who was born in Cleveland, opened up about the Buckeyes and why they are in the top five for his son.

“They’re in the top five because they’ve been recruiting him heavily since the ninth grade, actually,” Davis Sr. previously told BuckeyeGrove. “They’ve always kept that relationship with him. It has nothing to do with me… that’s the relationship that they’ve built with him. It wasn't a relationship because of me. I’m from Ohio, but it’s more or less they’ve continuously been there with him through this process.”

Once again, I have been reiterating that Ohio State is closer to Penn State in the Davis Sweepstakes than most believe, and today's news reaffirms that belief. If all goes well, I may be close to submitting a FutureCast prediction in favor of Ryan Day's program, assuming he does not visit anywhere else from this weekend until he commits in two weeks.

I am hoping to catch up with Davis Sr. or even Davis following this weekend's trip to Columbus, so stay tuned.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News