ADVERTISEMENT

Art Schlichter out of prison per Jeff Snook

Kevin_N

Nobuck needs to post more
Jul 13, 2004
Pickerington, Ohio
ohiostate.rivals.com
Snook went to social to post this:

Former Ohio State All-American quarterback Art Schlichter was released from state prison on June 13.
I have held off reporting this information per his wishes, but he wanted me to release the following statement today:
“I am grateful to be done with 10 years and 17 days of prison. I am extremely regretful for asking anybody for money and I am truly sorry for the pain this has caused in the past. I am a gambling addict. That is a fact and not an excuse.
"Two years ago, I voluntarily turned over my NFL concussion settlement two to pay my victims. I did not want one cent of that money. The U.S. Federal Government and the State of Ohio will be distributing that money.”
Schlichter, who suffers from Parkinson’s disease, sustained 17 documented concussions during his high school and college playing days and has signed a release to donate his brain to the Boston University CTE study upon his death.
He also told me he does not wish to grant any media interviews in the near future.
As the co-author for his autobiography “BUSTED” and a long-time friend of Art’s, I fully understand what may be many fans’ and victims’ reaction to this news. His past actions and crimes have hurt many people over the years, both financially and emotionally, but here’s hoping he can live out his life in peace and enjoy his freedom -- and I also hope readers understand why I would disable the comment section for this post.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News