ADVERTISEMENT

Best Piece of Meat ...

cmquest

Freshman
Gold Member
Jun 21, 2001
Wilmore, KY
... you've ever eaten!

This is not a thread for minds lying in a gutter!

The other day my wife picked up, for my birthday, a dinner featuring an 18-ounce bone-in ribeye from Carson's, a restaurant in Lexington, KY, not far from us. I have to say that it was absolutely amazing ... medium rare, topped with truffle butter, with gouda cheese sauce and bourbon mushrooms aside ... heavenly!! I can't even imagine how much better it would have been to have eaten it inside the restaurant, hot off the grill!

I've been to Jeff Ruby's in Louisville, and the one in Lexington, and this Carson's ribeye topped both the New York strip and the bone-in ribeye at Ruby's, as well as the filet I had two years ago at Malone's in Lexington. Never had a steak in Las Vegas, Chicago, Columbus, or any other big cities, but was curious to see what others have found to be "that one" you'll never forget!!

As an aside, two years ago I was staying in western Kentucky, and had dinner at this "honky-tonk" western style restaurant in Kuttawa, KY, called The Oasis. On the menu I spied a "bone-in pork chop" that looked pretty tasty. Just for kicks I ordered it, and that had previously been the "best piece of meat I had ever eaten"!! It was marvelous!

Sorry to all of the vegans and vegetarians on this site, just wanted to hear what others who do eat grilled or smoked meat still dream about as their past favorite!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News