ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Greene update...

Brooks54

Junior
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2014
I know this is premium info from another
site, but considering the circumstances I don't think Kevin will mind. If innappropriate feel free to delete. Many have heard bill was at the Ft. Lauderdake airport Friday when the shooting occurred. He hadn't checked in until this morning, but he did check in a bit ago. Bill is family to much of the Ohio state message board community.

Bill Greene

1- Thanks for all the concern and well wishes. Deeply appreciated. I'm obviously fine and was not harmed in any way.

2- Am in Miami for the Saturday/Sunday South Florida Express 7on7 tryout camp. Be back home Wednesday night.

3- Spent Friday from 1:30 to 10:30 at the Fort Lauderdale airport. The shooting happened just before I landed, but they let us off the plane and it was business as usual. Other than police and medical personnel everywhere.

4- The report of a second shooter happened in my area, and proved to be false. But when you have people yelling "he's got a gun" and security people scream to "RUN", you better believe you RUN.

5- We hid in a stairwell for 20 minutes or so, then security people moved us to a safe location. They had to sweep the entire airport which took 5-6 hours. Then we were supposed to be bussed to the convention center, which would have taken all night.

6- My friends down here had me walk to the area where they could get closest to the airport. Down an off ramp on Highway 1A in Davie, which would have taken a while. But a police officer who was heading home picked me up and took me to my friends.

>7- Regarding security people, police and all law enforcement. They are the most amazing folks in the country, along with our military. When they told us to run for cover, all security and law enforcement were running the other way. Toward the trouble. That will be my lasting image of this deal.

8- I'm going back to the 7on7 today after being there all day yesterday. Have stories to post from that, but there's not much Ohio State news at all with this. I should be back tonight with an update on OSU stuff, as I check back with all my people on what went down the past few days.

9- Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers. Much appreciated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News