ADVERTISEMENT

End of game offense in big games under Ryan Day

cavsbuckeyes224

Walk-on
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2022
Something that has stuck with me since the loss has been the three recent failed drives to win the game under Day. Against UGA, TTUN, and now Oregon, Ohio State's offense has had the ball with the chance to win the game and has scored precisely zero points on those three tries. To me at least, that is damming. Day is an offensive coach, I guarantee you that he would say that every single time he would take the ball with the opportunity to win these massive games every single time. Defenses are gassed at the end of games and good offense beats good defense in CFB. We all knew that Oregon was going to get a score when they got the ball back with ~6 minutes left, how come something always goes wrong with our offense? How come, with three separate attempts at this with three different QBs have they come up short three times?

And yes, I obviously know that the exception to this is the Notre Dame game in which McCord tried to hand the game away before we scored. But as I have said before and will say again. Notre Dame is a tier 2 program and we all know it. It is not the same as these truly talent-equated games. Notre Dame is the team we beat when we don't get to play for the title.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.