ADVERTISEMENT

EXTRA: Browning meets with OSU and Bama

Marc Givler

Hall of Famer
Jan 10, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
First off, sorry for the confusion tonight about hearing the Bama in-home with Browning was getting pushed to Thursday.

The visit is happening now, but started about an hour later than initially expected. Because of that, there was some confusion as to whether the visit was going to take place and the term 'pushed back' was misinterpreted as being pushed back until tomorrow as opposed to pushed back a little later in the evening.

So Baron and his family did in fact meet with four Ohio State coaches tonight. Schiano, Fickell, Meyer, Beck all made the in-home visit with the nation's top linebacker. Unless something changed at the last minute, Tosh Lupoi was the only Alabama coach meeting with the Browning's tonight, and again that visit is still on-going as I'm typing this.

There isn't much left to say here as we've analyzed this thing over and over again from a million different angles over the past week.

But my OSU sources feel great about how everything went over the weekend and how everything went this evening on the in-home. There was a high level of confidence among the coaches when they left the Browning residence this evening, I'm told.

Things could move quickly here, could be good news coming as early as tomorrow.

If Browning does commit to Ohio State tomorrow, or even in the next few days, Alabama will surely try to get Nick Saban in the home next week. Saban is not making in-home visits this week as Bama prepares to play Florida in the SEC title game.

I'm told the family wants this done though and doesn't want this to drag out much longer so I think there would be some resistance here, just preparing you guys for what Alabama's next move would be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News