ADVERTISEMENT

EXTRA: Coaches on the Road

Marc Givler

Hall of Famer
Jan 10, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
A couple of interesting stops today for the Ohio State assistant coaches.

First and foremost, Ohio State running backs coach Tony Alford was in Murfreesboro (TN) this morning at Blackman High School, home of 2018 running back Master Teague and 2019 wide receiver Trey Knox. I had updates on both prospects in the last few days, Teague in Friday's Skull Session and then Knox last night.

No offer yet for Teague, as I've said in the past this is going to be closely linked to the Zamir White sweepstakes. Ohio State's task right now is to keep Master from making a commitment until they can get the verdict on Zamir. I posted on Friday that even though Teague came out with a top three, that Ohio State could still be a factor if the Buckeyes offer before he makes a decision.

After speaking with a source close to Teague, that appears to still be the case.

"He will consider schools that offer him (in the near future)," they shared. "(Ohio State) would be hard for him to ignore, probably."

Obviously Alford continuing to do his homework down there should shed some light that while the Buckeyes are still working on Zamir White, that it is far, far from a done deal for them. I still have UGA as the favorite to land Zamir on June 27th.

But it is also looking like Trey Knox is going to be a major priority for the Buckeyes in 2019. There really aren't THAT many guys in 2019 so far that you can point to and say those kids are definite high priority targets already, but Trey is looking like one of those. There are many who feel Trey has the potential to be one of the 10 or 15 best players in the nation in that class.

The other interesting stop today is that wide receivers coach Zach Smith was at Huber Heights Wayne to check on big-time 2018 receiver L'Christian Smith. This is just further evidence that Ohio State isn't just turning up the heat here, but it is full throttle at this point. Ohio State is pushing and pushing very hard, the type of push you make when you are trying to secure a commitment.

I have always felt that Blue and his family want him to end up in Columbus, Ohio State is doing what is necessary right now to ensure that happens.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News