ADVERTISEMENT

For those that suffer from anxiety/depression

Mancow3

Sophomore
Sep 1, 2015
Dayton
I know there has been a few threads dedicated to this topic in the past, but find it important to revisit now.

First I will give you the quick version of my journey. In 2012, I was 35 years old, great shape, man's man tough-guy type, never had an issue with anxiety or depression. Then October 24th, it all changed. Swore I was having a heart attack, called 9-1-1, was in the back of an ambulance. I was told I was completely healthy, that what I had was a panic attack. I didn't or wouldn't believe them. And then over the next 6 months is spiraled out of control. Ended up in the ER 4 more times, anxiety became depression. Self medicated with alcohol, which all came to a head Feb 13th, 2013, on the side of a road...My wife gave me an ultimatum, get help or lose my family. My baby girl was 10 months old at the time...

I got help, and it has been 6 years since my last panic attack. I still "suffer" from anxiety, on occasion, but I believe I turned what I considered a weakness, into a strength...it has given me empathy that I didn't have before, and has allows me to help others.

For 5 years I hid my anxiety, ashamed to discuss it. Finally on October 24th, 2017, 5 years after the first panic attack, I decided to start openly sharing my saga. The reaction was humbling. I have had many individuals that have reached out to me, that were afraid to talk about it, much less seek help, no longer afraid, because I wasn't...

So, I know what it is like, and I KNOW perilous times can lead to increase anxiety/depression. DO NOT BATTLE THIS ALONE. There is help out there. I AM AVAILABLE. PM me if you need to.

There is hope, I promise you that. My 10 month old turns 8 this week, and my wife and I have a STRONG, unbreakable marriage. Oh yeah, and since have added another little girl to our family. If having 2 girls that are pretty like their mom didn't bring back the panic and depression, I don't think anything will!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News