ADVERTISEMENT

Formally Introducing Myself

Joseph Hastings

Junior
Staff
Jul 20, 2017
Good morning everyone,

I made somewhat of an introduction last week, but I wanted to do an extended post now that I have officially started working for BuckeyeGrove.

I’ll share a little bit about myself here. I was born in Miami (my dad is a Hurricanes fan and still insists to this day that UM was robbed in 2003 against Ohio State). I moved to Gainesville 16 years ago, and I have attended the University of Florida for the past four years.

Never had a true allegiance to any college football team growing up. I am, however, a fan of the Dallas Cowboys and Los Angeles Lakers, which hasn’t been easy the past 10 years.

As for my recruiting experience, I first started covering UF football recruiting back in 2017. During my first-ever camp, I saw Justin Fields throw, and he remains the best high school QB I’ve seen in person as a reporter.

I don’t necessarily have one moment that sticks out to me in my years covering recruiting. It’s more a collection of doing interviews at 4:00 a.m. in the morning, sprinting like Usain Bolt to interview a prospect before he leaves campus and other interesting experiences.

In terms of what you can expect from me, I am a grinder and someone who is going to give it my all. I’m also continuing to live in Gainesville, giving me close proximity to players in the Southeast that the Buckeyes have recruited or are going to be recruiting in future cycles.

This is an opportunity I’m grateful for. I’m excited to join this community, deliver content to you all and cover a team that is in contention for the top class every year.

If you have any questions about myself, you can ask below or feel free to PM me.

- Joe

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News