ADVERTISEMENT

Hafley update

Marc Givler

Hall of Famer
Jan 10, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Been pretty cautious about this one but will share what I have right now.....

- I've talked with two good sources since late last night and both were fairly optimistic that Hafley will be back at Ohio State for at least one more season and that he was leaning towards not taking the BC job. Key term there is "leaning towards".

- What gives me some pause here is that I have also talked with people on the BC end of things who didn't indicate to me that anything had been officially turned down yet. The word "hopeful" was even used by one source but in this business, "hopeful" is a dangerous word and one that I don't often look at as a very positive term for the side that is using it.

- Another thing that gives me pause here is that through my own digging and also just following some of the national stuff, there doesn't seem to be another name out there tied to BC yet. Now that's just probably me being over-cautious with these types of things because new names come out of nowhere all the time in coaching searches but it is something else I'm keeping an eye on as well.

Will update as I hear more. Coaching searches are so volatile. They make recruiting look stable and predictable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News