ADVERTISEMENT

Hafley's secondary

TBone8

Sophomore
Jan 11, 2005
I think we're all pretty excited to see what Coach Hafley can do in his 1st season in Columbus. He seems extremely focused on the details of each position he coaches. And he has an immense amount of talent to work with.

Plus, I like that he has full control over the secondary, so he'll be able to call the shots on who is best served playing corner vs. safety. It feels like we have quite a few athletes in the secondary who could play either.

So, how do you see the 2-deep shaking out for 2019? This is always easier said than done. I'm considering bullet a starting position. I'm not sure wether to say we have a nickelback, as the 5th DB will generally be a safety playing bullet. Instead, I'm going to only list 2 CB positions and it get very cramped with talent.

CB1 - Okudah, Williamson

CB2 - Wade, Arnette

S - Fuller, Riep

S - Proctor, Pryor

Bullet - White, Werner

I don't think there's a true backup to White at the bullet position. It may actually be Werner, an undersized but instinctive LB. And when we go to a true 4-3 defense, I'd suspect White may shift back to safety pushing Proctor off the field for the play.

The secondary is so deep. I haven't even included Tyreke Johnson, Sevyn Banks, Jahsen Wint, or any incoming freshmen like Hickman or Shaw in the 2 deep.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News