ADVERTISEMENT

Hi I’m Dave

Dave Lackford

Walk-on
Staff
Jan 14, 2014
Hi everyone. I’m Dave and I’ll be taking over the recruiting duties around here. So far so good but I know there is a lot of work ahead.

This is supposed to be an introduction piece but I find talking about myself awkward. I prefer to let the story be the story but I understand that Buckeye Grove is a community and not a newspaper. That said, I’m looking forward to getting to know all of you, learning all the inside jokes around here, and the nicknames for Kevin.

I’m not going to give you guys my whole life story. I’ll give you half of it. I was discharged from the Marines 17 years ago on a hardship then became a barber for nine years in North Philly. When I turned thirty I had an existential crisis and ended up enrolling at the Community College of Philadelphia. After CCCP, I earned a scholarship to Bucknell University through the Bucknell Community College Scholars Program which was funded by donations form the estate of Jack Kent Cooke. After I graduate from Bucknell I enrolled in Louisville’s Brandies School of Law and graduated in 2015. I worked as a prosecutor for four years at the Jefferson County Attorney’s office before quitting in March of 2019 to hang my own shingle. Now I do State and Federal criminal defense and personal injury torts here in Kentucky. If you ever get arrested or hit by an 18-wheeler in Kentucky make sure to send me a PM.

I started covering recruiting during my first year in law school. I started as a writer for the FlaVarsity site. Eventually I became the publisher. Then I started writing for KentuckyPreps and Louisville as well. Justin Rowland over at the Kentucky site would pay me to travel to rivals camps and interview kids considering UK and that’s where I met Kevin and now I’m here.

Oh yeah I’m also a single dad with two teenage boys. One just graduated and the other is two years from being out the door. I also have a 13-year daughter but she lives in LA with her mom.

To sum this up, I’m always busy, I don’t sleep much, and when I’m not trying to keep an innocent person from doing 20 years in the feds or arguing with insurance adjusters I’m calling 16 year old kids to ask them where they’re going to college. It’s a charmed life.

That’s enough about me, please go read that Hudson Wolfe interview I just posted. It took me like three days to track that kid down during a global pandemic that’s only been interrupted by nationwide riots.

Peace.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News