ADVERTISEMENT

How Has Recruiting Changed from cUM to Ryan Day?

bmcody

Freshman
Gold Member
Dec 25, 2015
Like most of you, I’m stuck and really bored...

Coach Meyer recruited like nobodies business, but one can argue we are reaching MEYER-esque status again under Ryan Day.

My 1st impression was Day prioritized Ohio players, which I like. I don’t like reaches though. If you commit here, my belief is you should potentially be NFL quality with development.

Last year, I’ll admit I was underwhelmed with a couple of the offensive and possibly defensive linemen we landed. I personally think Cowan and Henry are better than people are giving credit because they needed to get in shape.

Now?? To me, the difference is quality along the line of scrimmage. Johnson and Wypler can play. The two lineman we’ve got committed look to be dudes, and Latham excites me as much as NPF did with his potential and “look”.

Defensively? I just trust Coombs to bring in athletes with loose hip and physicality, period.
If LJ wants you, I do too...

But Sawyer and Hall are beasts. JT would be an unbelievable compliment. The key to “all timer” would be a complimentary DE to Sawyer, unless JT can be that player?

Tunmise is my choice, but I see him at UF.

When I look at what Days building vs UFM I see more game breaking talent and possibly speed when Treyveon Joins. I’m not worried about QB.

Where he’s separating is in the trenches. We need to be able to run dudes at you and wear you out, period. I love where this is trending!

The differentiator lies with Pantoni. There’s been a few more takes that are OSU projections vs recruiting rankings. 3 OL from last year come to mind, as well as Hamilton (although there’s a bloodline there so...)

Sorry for the run on, but love to hear thoughts on recruiting nuances being seen

Lock Ohio early
Stock the lines with athletes

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News