ADVERTISEMENT

I Stand With Coach Meyer

BrutusBuck-i

Freshman
Oct 4, 2015
In another thread the other day, someone asked if there was anything they could do. I've struggled with this same question myself over the last few weeks. Its been such a frustrating time to watch a great man and coach get labeled something horrific, our great University become a target, fans being told how they should feel... all because of one persons voice and a reporter who is clearly on a mission. I'm not a great writer, I don't have the platform Brett McMurphy does, but I'll be damned if I continue to let him continue to paint this picture the way he and Courtney want it painted.

Coach Meyer, Shelley and the Meyer family have been amazing since they arrived in Columbus. I'll be perfectly honest, as excited as I was about Meyer the coach being a Buckeye... I didn't think he could replace what Coach Tressel was off the field. I couldn't be happier to say I was dead wrong. The players that have come through and out of this program have been incredible. He's been quick to lay down firm punishments when necessary. He's proven though this team will win and win A LOT, its not simply WIN AT ALL COSTS. That doesn't even begin to cover the fund raising and other outreach efforts that Shelley and Urban do on a daily basis. Great Coach for sure, but he is so much more than that.

There is no doubt in my mind that if he thought Zach Smith committed Domestic Violence, he would have been out a long time ago! I have no reason to doubt the investigations done by the Powell Police Department and am sure if their view of Zach Smith differed than Coach Meyer's, they too would have taken firm action. I think the University and the committee that went through this with a fine tooth comb would have had MUCH more to say about Domestic Violence had they uncovered anything to suggest Coach Meyer knew more and didn't act on it. There is plenty of evidence to suggest that Coach Meyer was correct in not allowing himself to buy one side of the story like the media has, but allowed many others to have a voice and make the correct call with all the facts provided to him.

I have felt alone during this time. the voice of the media has been overwhelming. I can't even imagine what its like for Coach Meyer, his family, the players, staff and everyone else. To know the truth and to know how great of a man Coach Meyer is and to see people completely ignore what feels like more than 80% of the story to push their agenda has been exhausting. I hope they know they are not alone and that there are so many of us that stand behind them.

I will continue to fight for the truth to come out. It might only be a 3 game suspension and I cant wait to get Coach Meyer back on the sideline, but this mean so much more to me. Getting others to see the other side, not allowing Brett McMurphy to say whatever he wants... Getting a mans name clear... That's what I want!

I love Coach Meyer and the program he's building and feel very lucky we get to call him Coach. I'm extremely proud to be a fan of it and of him. I can't wait to have him back!!!

gx63Vcu.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News