ADVERTISEMENT

KB's Take Going Forward

Kirk Barton

Night King
Aug 8, 2015
1. JT made a bad decision. He will get raked over the coals for the next few weeks. Gotta take his medicine and move forward.

2. I PRAY that we manage to beat Minnesota convincingly and we do not look ahead to Michigan State. Minnesota is obviously a good club and they are playing with confidence. Their HC screwed the pooch at the end of that game and it cost a team that deserved to win a shot at overtime. Minnesota playing like that will get our guys locked in.

3. I think November can be a five week stretch towards getting Ezekiel to New York and can give him a legit shot at winning the Heisman. I think Leonard Fournette gets bottled up by Alabama and that puts a damper on his campaign. Ezekiel will have two games back-to-back to show the entire nation how good he is, when MSU comes to town and the Bucks head up month to Michigan. Remember how he did last time the world was watching??

4. I believe in our players, and I believe in Cardale. You truly never know what you have until it is gone, and I am guessing Cardale had to do a lot of harsh self-assessment as to why he lost his starting job. When tore my MCL in 2005, I lost my starting job for 3 games. Alex Boone did a nice job as a true freshman filling in for me, but I was incredibly pissed off seeing someone in my "throne". It wasn't Alex's fault, but I wanted my seat back as fast as possible. I was pissed off in everything I did, from rehab to conditioning work to strength work, because I wanted back on that field. When I got back on the field, I wanted to play at such a high level that nobody would ever consider benching me. I never lost my spot after that, and played through a broken foot to be sure of it. The point of this is that Cardale needs to come back with an edge, and needs to play pissed off. Look at the best in the world. Tom Brady. Drew Brees. Peyton Manning. They have all had a lot of criticism around them this year and they are all playing very pissed off. Just my two cents, but I feel pretty strongly about it. So does Urban Meyer.

Fire away with questions. I'll get to them tonight.

KB

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News