ADVERTISEMENT

KVA: Great player, better person

JoostNL

Walk-on
Gold Member
Oct 15, 2022
Now Atlanta, GA. Then Amsterdam, NL.
My wife's work is tangential to the ADs office at a school in the SEC. I understand from her that KVA separately telephoned the ILB coach, OLB coach, and DC to thank them for offering him an opportunity to continue his studies and playing career. She said that the coaches were taken aback because while they had offered, he had not visited (be it OV or unofficial). Indeed, they've had basically nil contact since it's been assumed to be OSU, ND, and USC for KVA. Nevertheless, he made the time to personally contact the school to thank them for their interest in an incredibly respectful and professional manner. She consequently heard that he has made similar calls to other schools...leading her to believe that he is personally contacting EVERY school that offered him (including the Kansas, BC, Oregon State, UNLVs of the world) to thank them for providing him with an opportunity and wish them well on their upcoming season. I hope he signs with us, but, regardless, straight class from a young man who I wish nothing but the best regardless of what uniform he wears next year. IF (and big IF) he picks Ohio State, then this is unbelievable testimony to Laurinaitis and Day. KVA does everything the right way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News