ADVERTISEMENT

Landis/Kings of the North Oregon Postgame Discussion

TheRzaGza

Walk-on
Gold Member
Aug 4, 2022
Hoping to have some board discussion now that the dust has settled, and I hate YouTube conversation so I’m bringing some stream of consciousness as I finally listen to the podcast after cooling down and processing after putting myself through a thorough rewatch of the game late last night. Nearly ALL of my consternation lies with the defense. However, I will start with offense since that’s where @Bill Landis and Doug started.

1) how anyone could wake up and say the name Will Howard and then start complaining is…..something. Completes 80 percent of his passes for 300+ 2 TD and runs for another, as well as multiple 4th down conversions. Scores TD on first drive and leads us down the field to win with 2 backup offensive lineman in the game.

2) yes the last play with Will. I get it. But this is a Chip/Day issue for me. There’s 6 seconds and 1 timeout left. You know Oregon is going to play soft coverage with a weak middle. SO TAKE THAT! I’m QB power behind Judkins knowing I want 5-6 yards and the entire team trying to call timeout. I don’t get calling a play that allows for any hesitation at all. Remove it from the equation.

3) Doug is getting into it now, but Day has just not been on point with having something special dialed up for the most high leverage moment. It’s first and 10 with under 20 seconds from the 28. We throw to the goalline on first and then the soft 50/50 call on Jeremiah on second. It appeared in the Georgia game that we were just running plays. I don’t mean to sound flippant. You have to run a play, right? But where’s the one that absolutely breaks a tendency that you’ve had in your back pocket? In this game where’s the fake counter where you leak a WR that shows they are part of the 3 man pull like the first 5 games of the season? Run a damn TE delay after drawing coverage on purpose to Emeka and Smith? Have something for that ass that you’ve been saving for a gotta have it moment that they’ve never seen!

4) will continue to listen and post more thoughts for anyone to discuss

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.