ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Recruiting Latest on Kobi Simmons

Kevin_N

Nobuck needs to post more
Jul 13, 2004
Pickerington, Ohio
ohiostate.rivals.com
Just had a chance this evening to talk to a couple of different sources about Kobi Simmons and I wanted to kind of get a little bit of a consensus before making a post on this and pretty much everyone that I spoke to is saying the same thing so I feel pretty good in doing a quick summation.

Ohio State nailed the visit for Kobi Simmons. He had a blast and that should not come as a shock. Simmons really likes Ohio State and I think all things being equal that Ohio State has been his personal favorite when you base things on just an emotional decision. He has people in his life that want him to make a smart decision instead of an emotional decision and are trying to keep him grounded in the decision making process. If this were solely an emotional process I have little doubt that he would have committed while on this visit.

Right now I see the pecking order as: 1. Ohio State 2. UNLV and 3. Kentucky

The early period for NCAA Basketball NLI singing is 11/11/15... I think that people close to him would like him to wait until the early period and decide at that point and sign an early LOI at that point. Can't say for 100-percent that he will make it all the way to 11/11, if he were to pop earlier, that would be a good thing for Ohio State.

UNLV is not going to give up and has bested Ohio State on some kids in the past so they are a real threat. At this point though I will reiterate that I feel that Ohio State leads.

That's what I know or at least what I feel that I know. Take it FWIW.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News