• 30 year fixed rates in the mid 2’s; 15 year fixed rates below 2%
  • 3,000+ 5 star reviews
  • A+ rating on the Better Business Bureau
  • Nearly 100 Grove members have closed with JFQ
  • Free appraisal covered by JFQ
  • Email info@jfqlending.com or PM AZBuckeye6 for a free mortgage review
Joseph Hastings' Report

What I’m hearing on Jaheim Singletary

Some of you all had questions about five-star cornerback Jaheim Singletary this week and where things stand between him and the Buckeyes.

After doing some digging, I’m not hearing enough for me to switch my pick from Florida to Ohio State, but OSU is making a strong push here. In fact, this is what one source told me when I asked about Singletary’s interest in Ryan Day’s program.

“He’s definitely high on Ohio State,” I was told. “I would say it’s them or Florida, then Clemson and Georgia.”

If you recall, Singletary included all of these programs in his top four a few weeks ago, and revealed that his decision will be announced on Jan. 2. Ohio State only offered him in early November, but they had been in regular contact with him going all the way back to the summer.

The staff, specifically Kerry Coombs and Tony Alford, has put in a lot of work here, and Singletary actually told me the coaches talk with him every day. Singletary is also high on the Buckeyes because of the number of defensive backs they put in the NFL and the way they’ve recruited in his city – Jacksonville, Florida – has caught his attention.

As for speculation that Ohio State has put themselves in the driver’s seat, one source heard that it is not necessarily a done deal they’ll land him in just under two weeks. OSU is battling with the Gators, but it’s going to be hard to pick against Florida as they’ve been at or near the top of his leaderboard for a majority of the year.

In my opinion, Singletary’s recruitment won’t be completely over, no matter what school he commits to next month. He’s someone who’s been wanting to take his visits, but I heard that there’s currently no trips in the works for the highly coveted defensive back. I would expect him to utilize most or all of his official visits before it's all said and done.

I’m staying with my UF pick until I hear anything else, though I think Ohio State and other programs will still be in the hunt even if Singletary commits to Florida on Jan. 2.

Feeling very confident Ohio State will land Kyion Grayes

This is not necessarily a shocker, but I submitted a FutureCast prediction in favor of the Buckeyes to land four-star wide receiver Kyion Grayes.

Grayes had previously been committed to the Arizona Wildcats since August, but decided to reopen his recruiting process earlier this week. Now that he is back on the market, Ohio State is the overwhelming favorite to land the fast-rising prospect out of Arizona.

If you missed it, I wrote an article this week after speaking with Grayes, and he was pretty honest in our conversation. You can read the full update HERE, though this quote was probably the most eye-opening.

"Right now, that is my favorite school. That is one of my tops," Grayes previously told BuckeyeGrove. "And I'd say they are at the top of the board. That is, like, my favorite school.

"The culture, just the coaches, the place... I just love it. It just seems like such a great place to be, especially for a receiver, too. And with Coach Hartline being there, basically being the G.O.A.T. of college football receivers coaches, it's perfect."

On top of going on the record and expressing his high interest in Ohio State, Grayes has been on social media tweeting and liking Buckeyes content. The 6-foot-1, 160-pounder has retweeted the following: multiple Ohio State edits of him, a couple of posts by CJ Hicks and Dasan McCullough, and OSU’s official football account tweeting out the result of Saturday’s game against Northwestern.

It seems like it’s all lining up for Grayes to commit to the Buckeyes soon, but I think there’s a chance he may hold off a little bit until he reveals his next decision. I heard Grayes may want to give it a little time between his decommitment and when he’ll join Ohio State’s 2022 class, so it may be another week or two, possibly more, until he makes an announcement.

Multiple recruits share their reactions to the Buckeyes’ win, making the playoffs

Along with the reactions that were shared on social media, I wanted to reach out to several top Ohio State targets and get their thoughts on the team’s 22-10 win on Saturday, as well as them making the College Football Playoff.

This is what I have heard so far today, and I’ll add more reactions if anyone else gets back to me.

Five-star OL Kam Dewberry: “That’s another great accomplishment for the Buckeye program. Congratulations for their success that they have earned.”

Five-star DT Keithian Alexander: “That’s big. I’m sure the players and the staff put in the work, and now they’re off to the races.”

Five-star OL Zach Rice: “That’s what’s up!! That means something to me, but the way they’re playing is amazing. Once they get started, they don’t stop… no matter what time in the game.”

Top-20 overall junior Caden Curry: “They definitely looked good on the field. They know how to make adjustments to win and I’m excited to see them compete in the playoffs!”

Rivals100 OT Kiyaunta Goodwin: “Ohio State got off to a rough start, but they pulled though in the end. They deserve to be in the college playoffs.”

Rivals100 DE Kenyatta Jackson: “They came out a little shaky in the first half, but picked it up in the second half. They deserve to be in the playoffs.”

Rivals250 running back Nicholas Singleton: “Ohio State, as usual, is dominating. Congrats for them winning the Big 10 Championship and making the playoffs. Kind of knew they were going to get in.”

Four-star ATH Dillon Tatum: “Man, I feel like it’s just an awesome feeling for them adding on to the hand four in a row. I also loved how Trey Sermon showed out. Great team win for the Buckeyes.”

Andy Anders' Report

Promising 2023 offensive tackle talks Ohio State offer

With its 21 commitments signed for the Class of 2021, it seems the Buckeyes have started looking toward the future -- even beyond the following class.

Three offers went out to prospects in the Class of 2023 this week, one of them finding its way to the proverbial doorstep of offensive tackle Kadyn Proctor.

“It was exciting, you know,” Proctor said. “Something so big coming so early from a school that doesn’t offer early and offers [mostly] juniors, seniors.”

Despite this year being the Iowa native’s first at the Varsity level for Southeast Polk High School -- also home to four-star 2022 Ohio State safety target Xavier Nwankpa -- the offer from Ohio State was preceded by offers from Missouri, Nebraska, Iowa, Penn State and Oregon, among others.

Given Ohio State defensive backs coach Matt Barnes’ relationship with Nwankpa, it comes as no surprise to hear that he extended the offer to the offensive line recruit.

Nwankpa actually helped put the two sides in touch, Proctor said.

“Building relationships is something that they want,” Proctor said. “They want me to call every week, see how I’m doing, see how my grades are. Checking up on me like a coach should do.”

Pro potential and program standards are among a few things that stand out about Ohio State, which Proctor said immediately became one of his top schools after extending an offer.

“They’ve put so many offensive linemen in the NFL,” Proctor said. “That’s like, pretty much a ticket to the NFL, people are saying. And just a good culture. In all, it’s probably one of my top picks right now.”

I’ll have a full story out on Proctor Tuesday, so keep an eye out for that.

2023 prospects Anthony Hill, Richard Young also land offers

The other two sophomores to grab an opportunity with the Buckeyes this week were inside linebacker Anthony Hill, Jr. and running back Richard Young.

Hill hails from Denton, Texas, a state in which Ohio State holds one five-star and one four-star commitment for the Class of 2022, and just signed five-star offensive guard Donovan Jackson for the Class of 2021.

Like the other two sophomores who landed offers from the Buckeyes this week, his sheet already contains plenty of impressive names: Georgia, Oklahoma, Penn State, Texas and USC have all extended full-ride opportunities.

On Ohio State specifically, Hill said the offer “really meant a lot” to him and his family.

“Ohio State is a great school academically and in sports,” Hill said. “One of the best programs in the county.”

Linebackers coach Al Washington extended the offer to him, and although he’s still building relationships with Ohio State’s staff, anyone who earns an offer this early is a prospect to watch.

“Thursday was our first time talking but we are definitely going to talk more,” Hill said.

Young already stands out as one of the top running backs in the Class of 2023, sure to be ranked as such when Rivals releases its batch in the spring. Ohio State’s success recruiting in Florida is well known at this point, where the Lehigh High School standout resides.

His offer sheet, outside the Buckeyes, includes Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Texas and Wisconsin among over a dozen others.

I’m currently working to secure an interview with Young -- be on the lookout for a story later this week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News