ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s all of us give brother Tiffin a helping hand with his ailing son!

texanbuckeye

Black Titanium Member
Gold Member
Jan 12, 2003
As many of you fellow posters have been following the past few months..... brother Tiffin’s son has had a series of very serious surgeries. The never ending medical costs have recently become so overwhelming to Tiffin and his family of 4.....that he was going to have to even quit the Grove site (which he has grown to love..)

PayPal Link: https://www.paypal.me/KDowning360

So I told him that several of us could certainly handle that cost ...first of all....and we could easily help out with his membership dues. Then I asked him to provide us an updated overview about his son....and then I told him that I would be more than happy to help him spread the word here and try to gather a group here that would also want to come together to try to help him greatly minimize these last few looming medical charges....and to help spearhead a fundraising charge here for his son’s medical procedures. So I got Kevin’s approval to use the Grove to spread the word....but we do need to find a way to use the site as a way to get the message out to as many of those here that want to support him, his son and family....,and that was able to track our team’s goal’s progress.

But we need to figure out the best way to get the donations from the donors straight to Tiffin. I am not that well versed.. on those platforms or applications.

I think Kevin mentioned that if we set up a Go Fund me directly to Tiffin (in his name) that might work.. But we need to avoid going from donor - through the Grove - then to Tiffin (and paying unnecessary fees and “tips”) but also not have the Grove legally attached to the our collective donation. Here is the note I just got from Tiffin. If any of you have have a suggestion of what donation platform we should use - to get Tiffin the highest percentage of the gifts - (with a way we can measure our hourly progress) to our meet our total goal of $10,000.00....that would be greatly welcomed. This is Tiffin’s note to the Grove board:

Tex and other Grove members

I just want to start by saying this the shorter version of a much longer story.

My son was born with a congenital heart defect known as shones complex.

My sons pediatrician sent us to the Tiffin Mercy Hospital for an echocardiogram. They sent those results to Toledo which is where that Dr told us about the above diagnosis. We got a second opinion at the Cleveland Clinic who said he needed surgery to widen is valve at the top of his heart to strengthen blood flow and also he has a hole in his heart.

The surgery costs we are responsible for post surgery after insurance is 4900.18 we set up a payment plan but in the process of payments we were slapped with another bill for 4,000 bringing our total to 8900.18 past due.

This amount of money has put a bad financial strain on us and we are having trouble keeping up with payments due to more medical bills pending.

I was going to leave the Buckeye grove and other things I enjoy to try to save some extra money but was encouraged by Texan to bring our financial situation to the board-- also a very generous person of the very many I've become friends with on the Browns thread paid my dues for me so I could continue enjoying the site. I hate to ask for help but we are out of options and the whole situation has put alot of stress on my family. If you wish to help us we would be forever indebted to you and anything you can do to help is a blessing

PayPal Link: https://www.paypal.me/KDowning360

OR....for those you who want to use the
GoFundme Link:

(guys and gals who prefer GoFundme (like myself) they try to get you to make a 10% tip several times (or ways) during the donation process... so you MUST make sure you delete it (or decline and delete any recommended tip arbitrarily added in - by them - from the added in Go Fund final charge submitted. MAKE SURE it has your donation amount ONLY BEFORE you finalize your transaction. I thought I had declined it and my final invoice still had 10% added in.....so I had to remove it twice.. that’s the downfall of using Go Fund me. It’s great for tracking our gifts and for tracking the total amount received towards our goal.

Thank you all so much!

You are participating in a great cause here!

Texan

https://www.gofundme.com/f/tj3ut-so...m=copy_link-tip&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News