ADVERTISEMENT

LSU scheme versus Myles Garrett

Kirk Barton

Night King
Aug 8, 2015
I love reading things like this:

The Tigers recorded 622 total yards of offense, and Derrius Guice had 285 rushing yards. They didn’t allow a single sack, including by the future No. 1 pick Garrett. During the week leading up to the game, Orgeron demanded that Garrett not get a sack.

So then-offensive coordinator Steve Ensminger set a plan.

I assigned a GA, who sat right next to me in the box. I said, ‘You let me know when he’s in the game and when he’s not in the game,’” Ensminger said Thursday night, per The Advocate. “When he was out of the game, we’re going to take seven-step drops, and we knew we could throw the ball deep on them. When he was in the game, we were not. Regardless (of the situation).

“We always had a running back who was going to chip him. The insight, he didn’t have a sack against us. He was the No. 1 pick. Watching that film, (Orgeron) said ‘He ain’t getting a sack against us.’ I said, ‘You got it.’ So we had a gameplan when he was in the game, when he’s not in the game, who’s going to chip him. True story.”

This is from http://coachingsearch.com/article?a...ins-how-LSU-kept-Myles-Garrett-without-a-sack

I just go crazy sometimes when a kid is struggling(see Prince, Isaiah) and you don't help him. It is really really easy to do...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News