ADVERTISEMENT

Neighborhood/HOA pool Q

ZekeMode

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 19, 2015
So we live in a neighborhood with a community pool and the vast majority of our HOA dues go to maintaining the pool. Our HOA is run by Towne Properties. I don’t know if they are state/region wide or just around the Cincy area. Anyway, they sent out an email that was not very optimistic about opening the pool, saying it is very possible it will be closed all summer. They cited the restrictions DeWine/Ohio has for PUBLIC pools such as having to have a full time employee on site any time the pool is open to enforce all the precautions (# of people, social distancing, etc) and also that the entire area would need to be sanitized every 2 hours. First of all, I don’t think these restrictions are for our type of pool as they are just completely unrealistic. We have never had a lifeguard or anything like that. People are responsible for taking care of themselves monitoring their own kids etc. I believe DeWine is talking about public pools designed for the whole community (people pay to enter, lifeguards on duty etc). But I suspect a place like Towne Properties wouldn’t be too upset to be “forced” to close as they would save thousands not having to treat/maintain the pool. The other thing that annoys me is some other neighborhoods have already said they are opening their pools and are not abiding by the DeWine restrictions. These are not controlled by Towne. If other similar pools open and we are shut down I am considering starting a campaign to withhold HOA dues until our pool opens. I have to say I am a little biased. I’m over this crap. I think it’s time to truly open and get on with life. I don’t really want to get into a debate over that. But I would like to know if anyone is in a similar situation. Or if anyone thinks withholding payment is a sound strategy. To me, it’s very much the principle of the thing. I think people should sign a waiver saying they agree to certain precautions and understand there is a certain risk involved and are OK with it. Thanks in advance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News