ADVERTISEMENT

New wrinkles

MaliBuckeye

Freshman
Gold Member
Aug 14, 2015
Seattle
One thing that I've been impressed with is that this Buckeyes team is sticking with the basics.

Ross always outlines for us how the defensive coaching staff has made things simple to let the team play fast and reactive. On offense, it's the same... Sound philosophy, run efficiently against whoever they face. Ground and pound, flash and dash, sure... But not a lot of exotic formations or unseen surprises. They are who they are... And who they are is really damn good.

But last week's tasty nugget from Nevada included a note on some possible trickeration. So I got to wondering if we might see some new wrinkles and schemes in the next 2(3!) games.

I was in Pasadena when Tressel opened the Rose Bowl by going "air raid"... And how Oregon had no answer.

With a rematch game this week against a known conference opponent, and future games after opportunities for extensive scouting and prep by the opposition, having a new counter punch seems to be a good idea. I'd love to hear our experts and insiders weigh in on this possibility and what might be forthcoming.

That being said, sometimes you just need to take out enough to win... And Ohio State has enough to win big.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News