ADVERTISEMENT

Next years defense depth chart

Southern Buckeye

Freshman
Gold Member
Dec 30, 2003
Hopefully Ash stays to help rebuild this secondary. Our offense will have to carry this team until we get the young players some experience.

DT- Michael Hill, I really thought he stepped up his game this year
Tracey Sprinkle

DT- Dremont Jones,
Antwaun Jackson, I have a hunch he's going to be a good one
Robert Landers

DE- Tyquan Lewis
Nick Bosa, will split time with Tyquan

DE- Sam Hubbard, breakout year
Jayln Holmes, another breakout year (between these two stepping up, the lose of Bosa is minimized)

OLB- Jerome Baker, takes over for Lee and excels
Chris Worley

OLB- Dante Booker, takes over for Perry and excels
Justin Hilliard

MLB- Reakwon, will lead these young guys and become a first rounder after next year
Nick Connor

CB- Gareon Conley, played a great year
Denzel Ward, must step up if needed

CB- Damon Webb, will have to fight of Lattimore
Marshon Lattimore, I think he may beat out Webb if Webb doesn't take it to the next level

S- Tyvis Powell, seems like I'm yelling at him more than anybody on defense but does make a nice play here and there
Cam Burrows, lots of potential here, love his size
Malik Hooker

S- Erick Smith, will be a future first rounder
Eric Glover-Williams, will be fun to see him develop in the secondary
Nigel Warrior, I'm going out on a limb and say we get him and he may be relied on playing next year

We will miss Bosa, but Hubbard and Holmes will be good ones. We actually may miss Adolphis more than anyone. Lets just hope we land Jackson and he or Jones or someone else can step up and make some plays.
LB position is loaded and may be our best unit since the Hawk and Carpenter days.
Secondary will need some help. Ash will have to get some of these young guys to improve and hopefully we can get through next year without much injuries. 2017 class will be the best secondary yet and much needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: texanbuckeye
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News