ADVERTISEMENT

NFL draft thoughts

Jan 2, 2017
I’m 99 % sure Joe Burrow will be the # 1 pick in the draft. However, there are 2 former # 1 pick QBs out there that are or will be available in free agency.

Jameis Winston has thrown for just under 20,000 yards in his 5 year career, his big knock is the interceptions. He was selected to the pro bowl in 2015.

Cam Newton has been selected for 3 pro bowls in his 9 year career and voted first team all pro in 2015, but he’s coming off injury.

Let’s say the Bengals are doing their homework on these guys and they believe one of them could be their franchise QB. How should they proceed?

Sign QB and draft Burrow to learn under them.

Sign QB and draft Chase Young.

Sign QB and trade the # 1 pick for more picks.

Don’t sign QB but draft Joe Burrow

Again, I think they’ll ride the Burrow train but I do think they should be having these conversations. Does Jameis Winston and Chase Young give them a better chance to win than only drafting Joe Burrow?

Also, how good is Ohio State’s recruiting and development? The first 3 picks in the draft could be guys that were recruited by and played 3 years at OSU. Burrow, Young and Okudah. I think we might see 1 or 2 more OSU guys sneak up into the 1st round with Arnette, Hamilton and Dobbins and many others being drafted later. Nobody can say Ohio State doesn’t have talent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News