ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL OKLAHOMA TAILGATE DETAILS...thus far (Location Maps Posted)

Buckny

Junior
Gold Member
Aug 21, 2015
I was talking with @Kevin_N about when to post the details (we decided there was never an ideal time), and I know he's going to chime in and also pin this up top with the headcount. Also, a shout out to Kevin for the headcount thread as it gives us (Big Derrick, brother Marc/Buckny, roostr, myself and all those involved) an idea of what we're looking at for participation. I've taken the high number and have about 75 grovers as of now. (Obviously this does not include our regular Buckeye Tailgaters); Shout out to my brother, @Buckny for getting the pictures!

LOCATION: BEHIND (North of) PANERA BREAD ON 300 W LANE AVENUE (see Orange highlighted picture, about 2 blocks North of the Stadium)

TIME: Regular Tailgate: ~11 AM ET Theme is Smokehouse BBQ
Grove Tailgate: Anytime after that (more to come from Kevin and other posters)

MENU thus far: Right now we've got about 30 lbs of Brisket, 20 lbs of Pulled Pork, Smoked Turkey, Porkbombs, Charcuterrie. This may increase if the numbers keep rising! (We could use some help with side items or deserts for those who have expressed interest in helping out, Kevin will have more to say about this)

We will also have keg beer (2 kegs I believe) water and soda.

I plan to have a table and name tags for the Grovers. We will be accepting donations of course, a tradition in which our regular tailgaters already participate.

21272149_10210097097692662_7118239800767998014_n.jpg

21430070_10210097098732688_3414617917140415484_n.jpg

For those who haven't been on campus in a while, and those making a stop to the Varsity Club, ON THE ORANGE HIGHLIGHTED PICTURE, the VC is where the "e" is in Ave. Panera is the 300. College Traditions is where "ne A". The back lot BEHIND the VC is literally across the alley from Our Tailgate.

The large structure immediately to the left of our tailgate is a parking garage. Not sure of the details related to it. Behind the garage is a parking lot which OPENS ABOUT 8 hours (I'm guessing 10am or 11am) prior to game time. It fills up fast and there is usually a line an hour prior to opening. $25

My friend is the Manager of CVS on Lane and High and has parking spaces available $20. Not a bad walk, like 10 minutes to Panera lot. (We used to tailgate CVS for 10 yrs, and I still park there on occasion)

Well that's what we have so far. If you have a certain item you're bringing have questions about post it here or PM me. If we have a specific need, we may reach out to you guys/gals on the board for help. Thanks!

Go Bucks!

OSUmdFAN
&
Buckny

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News