ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State coaches

Dar.of.Emur

Sophomore
Aug 11, 2015
Ohio
One thing I really like about my alma mater, and the football program, is that all of our ex-coaches are looked at, in the same regard that a political party looks at / treats, their former presidents... in high regard and as 'retired' leaders that are still an important part of the family.
Bruce and Cooper still live in Columbus and are involved (with minor roles or just VIPs) in the program. Tressel made them an office at the Woody Hayes facility. Tressel will be part of the family once his 5 year ncaa issues are over. We, as OSU fans, revere our former coaches. Yea, a lot of us complain about Cooper's scUM record and bowl record, but if we saw him at a restaurant, we'd shake his hand and thank him for his years leading our program.

Compare this to other programs. Illinois fires their coach this week, and he is suing the University. scUM fans hate Rich Rod with a passion, and do not look favorably on Hoke. Louisiana State won a championship, yet hate the coach that won them said championship. Florida won two championships with Urban Meyer, yet the collective fan base hates him now, not reveres him. I could go on and on...

We are very blessed.

Reactions: Dragon_Buck
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News