ADVERTISEMENT

OSU stuff this week...

NevadaBuck

Staff
Jun 20, 2001
Caught up with the Third Wiseman who filed this report...

"Practice was very interesting this week. They have everything set up by Coach Mick in terms of how much hitting and contact the team can take---and they have him chart and evaluate all these items in real time.

Well the plan was for three days of intense practice this week. Monday/Tuesday and Wednesday. But Monday and Tuesday ended up being the two most physical practices of the year. Guys were absolutely killing each other out there---total "Gladiator Days" and by Wednesday Coach Mick waved the white fald and they went to shells...

The young guys were really go at it, and the two guys that I noticed most on offense were both offensive linemen in Evan Lisle and Isaiah Prince--both of those guys looked to be in tremendous shape, and were absolutely dominating their guys---rep after rep. Total standouts above the crowd, and everyone was buzzing about the line depth that seems to be developing on that side of the ball..

On defense, its still a great mystery to me why Sam Hubbard was ever redshirted last season. This kid is a complete stud, and is not going to be here for five years, as he is going to be off to a life of NFL riches. Mark it down and hold me to it. Was the defensive star this week IMHO, and it wasn't that close. Seemed to be in on every single play.

the other guy that seemed to be around the ball a ton was Dante Booker. Just a tremendous looking physical specimen, but is really learning how to play the position of linebacker and is developing great instincts. Was in on some violent collisions as well as having two interceptions on Tuesday. Is pushing for playing time now---and he has clearly put in the work.

Staff seems to be getting more comfortable putting together the offensive gameplan. Interestingly, Zach Smith has been almost totally cut off from the game planning---and he was in the middle of it early in the year. Not sure if this is because they want him focused on recruiting, or if its something else. But he was noticeable by his absence....after being a real centerpiece in the fall....strange....

overall the team seems in a great frame of mind--and is clearly rounding into form....

I think we haven't seen close to the best from this bunch...."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News