ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Boss issues

Nati_Buck

Junior
Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Could use some advice...

Have a job that I absolutely love what I do and 95% of the people I do it with. Unfortunately, my direct supervisor seems to have it out for me. I’ve been here a little over 2 years and have always had great performance reviews, and this past one had a lot of BS on it and was poor... I’m pretty sure I caught said supervisor in a lie in a meeting recently and it took some verbal gymnastics as well as demeaning a partner of the firm for them to justify what was said...

Needless to say, I’m looking for other jobs because I was already struggling to work with this person and definitely am not going to work for someone that lies to try to make me look bad.

The question is this: do I go above this person (which would be C-Suite and partner level people) on my way out? This company has invested a lot of money in me, personally, as well as a ton of equipment to do my job as it my role has grown drastically since being hired. I don’t want to be thought of as someone leaving after 2 years to go onto the next thing after they spent so much time and money in me when it has everything to do with my inability to work in the current environment. I also would come back in a heartbeat if said supervisor were to move on.

Would love thoughts and advice anyone is willing to offer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News