ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Flying to the Hoop. So...the B10 is getting a serious influx of talent

ndewire

Hall of Famer
Dec 11, 2009
for basketball. I'm down at Flying to the Hoop this weekend and Curtis Jones, an Indiana commit is legit. He's a serious scorer at the PG position and he's got serious athleticism with great size. Miles Bridges was equally impressive, a MSU commit. He threw down an alley-oop windmill dunk at one point doing the 3rd quarter. Pretty solid shooter from a PF spot, good rebounder, and great ups. Plays above the rim, no doubt a one and done type.

On another side note, Jarren Cumberland looked great again. He's added a bunch of mass and is really strong around the rim this year. Nothing was going for him against Walnut Ridge but he kept making plays around the hoop and finished with around 24 points or so. WR was hot as hell in the first half putting up 48 pts and up 18, then WIlmington chipped away until they took a lead and won by a final of something like 69-63. Cincinnati is getting an absolute steal in a recruit there.

Seth Towns had a great day for Northland early, scoring 40. I've been down on his game in the past but this year he is really playing his game going at the rim. He's developed from shying from contact to wanting to get to the rack and it has added another element to his game that makes him that much tougher to guard. Harvard is getting a good one and easy to see why Ohio State and Michigan offered.

In the late game, Wayne whipped IMG Academy out of Florida (former school of D'Angelo Russell & Ben Simmons). Wayne is loaded again, losing Trice hurt to IMG obviously along with Ahmad Wagner to Iowa, but L'Christian Smith has really stepped up. That kid is the real deal. He's build like an NFL TE as a sophomore in high school, super athletic, great court vision, good rebounding and great finishing around the rim. His rebounds were grown man boards. This kid has great hands, easy to see why he's a top prospect in the nation at WR. He would have a future as a high level basketball recruit as well, I'm pretty confident in saying that.

As always, Rodrick Caldwell came to play when the bright lights were on. He hit the first 4 3's he took early in the first half and really was a catalyst to the run that gave Wayne the lead they carried througout the game. He's committed to Bowling Green but he is so far under the radar that it's not funny. If he was 3 inches taller, he's a high major recruit. He's every bit as quick as AJ Harris imo and that's saying something. Better shooter too. I don't think he's a better ball handler but he handles pressure exceptionally well, Harris was also probably a bit better passer.

I can't wait to see Xavier Simpson Monday night to see how far he's come but Caldwell is definitely one of my favorite PGs in this class. Simpson can really score the ball and is taller. I'd like to see where he's at in comparison.

Anyways, if you have any questions, fire away....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News