ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Player that would have been GREAT - if only the coaches had listened to you.

SWOhio

Junior
Aug 9, 2015
I loved the "role player" thread so I thought of another I'm curious about.

The coaches get to see these kids from high school until they graduate from college. They work with them, teach them, watch them grown, see them in practice, games and through thick and thin. The coaches know more about these kids than anyone... Except when they don't. And you know more. And the coaches are stupid for not putting your guy out there more. Because you KNOW he would tear it up if he just got a chance in the game. This is the guy that you REFUSE to believe you're wrong about. He never got to show it, and it's all the coaches' fault. You'll put your fingers in your ear and yell if anyone tries to tell you he has a chance in practice every day. You'll eagerly tug at your wife's arm to tell her that he's getting in the game when they're up by 40 (naturally, she looks at you with equal parts confusion and disgust - you're used to this and don't care).

And I'm NOT talking about someone who was a bust. I'm talking about someone who was good and the world never got to see it because the coaches never listened to you. Maybe if we're lucky, the insiders can pop in and give their take on the players.

I elect:

Jaamal Berry, Taurian Washington

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News