ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RIP Mrs OhioTeamz

OhioTeamz

Junior
Gold Member
Aug 16, 2015
Orlando, FL
I think the bulk of my internet time is spent here so I decided to post. It is with great regret that my wife passed away at the age of 50 in hospice overnight here in Orlando. Stage 4 breast cancer since 2013 so she got some extra years.

We were together 28 years married 27.5 I think that's why I loved seeing @tylersmyth announce the other day a renewal so to speak. I was 22 and still in the Air Force in Abilene TX and close to finishing at McMurry U. She was across town at Hardin-Simmons. I can't forget all the time she let me spend letting me follow my precious teams from Cleveland and the Buckeyes. We went to a couple of major Bowl games together (Rose and Orange) with our kids and she adopted everything Ohio to be honest. Not bad for a Missionary Kid who was born and raised in Honduras to an SEC leaning family haha. More importantly was as a former athlete and coach I appreciate all the time she let me have coaching the sons in baseball and whatever else they tried.

I have a few real-life friends here and don't need to go into too much detail but she went peacefully to the point that I can't pinpoint exactly the time she passed even though I was with her.

And I'm hoping the guy from Scout who got my eldest son and I face value tickets for the Michigan game in 2014 is reading because I lost the contact after a phone upgrade gone poorly. The only thing I remember when we met was he was a DB at OSU back in the late 70s. He gets a big thank you.

Oh and cancer sucks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News