ADVERTISEMENT

OT:Torn or Strained Calf Muscle

Prince Buck Nasty

Hall of Famer
Oct 16, 2006
Columbus
Any Physiotherapist here or guys who have had this injury have any advice?

Back story: 33 and was on a mission to get in shape. Been working out consistently for about 6 months with good results for my goal (weight loss and endurance). Really been cranking it up recently on my legs and had been running outdoors, biking or hopping on an elliptical for approximately 40 straight days. Definitely haven’t been stretching enough and that’s on me.

Anyways, yesterday my daughters 3rd BDay party was a trampoline park. I was out there jumping around and flipping like The kid at heart I am. Towards the end my right calf was sore but I kept jumping thinking I could push through. I can’t really describe the initial injury as I don’t think I heard a pop/snap but over the course of a few jumps I felt a sharp pain in my calf and I limped off.

The pain is a 6 on a 10 point scale when i walk or shift onto that leg in certain angles and i have an obvious limp. However there is little to no pain when i touch my calf and not visible swelling or bruising that i can see. Been icing on and off and trying not to do too much on it.

Any advice on how many days before I should call a doc?

Going to Jamaica on June 9th and don’t want to risk doing further damage.

Thanks, any advice is welcome

Go Bucks

PS @ForeverBuckeye was there and he recommended something called ‘Atomic Balm’ lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News