ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Trucks

ZekeMode

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 19, 2015
I know a lot of you Ohio boys roll around in trucks. I have never owned one. However, I have already basically decided that is going to be my next vehicle purchase. I want to be able to easily haul around a medium-sized camper. I have 3 small children that will only get bigger (I think that's how that works) that I'll need to fit in the cab so I probably need the Crew Cab. Having a huge bed is not important. Gas mileage is a factor. I'm a Dave Ramsey guy with my money, so I am going to be saving aggressively to be able to pay for this. I'm thinking I'll be in the 15-20k range by the time I'm ready to buy. I realize that is not going to get me a new truck. Do any of you have any advice on buying used trucks that would meet my specs? Are there certain brands that you guys would be comfortable buying with 60-100k miles on and others you would avoid at all costs? Any good places to find reliable used trucks that you'd suggest? The trucks that catch my eye (most are newer looking, naturally) are the F-150 and the Toyota Tacoma. The Chevy Z-71 and GMC Sierra would work too. I have no brand loyalty at all as I know very little about any of them. Any advice would be appreciated.

Reactions: TampaBuck1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News