Pat Haden (USC - AD) no longer on CFP committee

Kevin_N

Nobuck needs to post more
Jul 13, 2004
Pickerington, Ohio
ohiostate.rivals.com
HANCOCK ANNOUNCES THAT PAT HADEN WILL STEP DOWN FROM SELECTION COMMITTEE

IRVING, Texas
Bill Hancock, Executive Director of the College Football Playoff (CFP), today announced that Pat Haden will step down from the selection committee.

“I am reluctant to step down, but my doctors advised me to reduce my traveling,” said Haden, director of athletics at the University of Southern California. “With the weekly CFP meetings about to start and the travel commitment involved, I had to make this difficult decision. I feel it is in the best interest of the CFP and also of USC, with our current football coaching change and our upcoming Coliseum renovation.”

“It was an honor to serve on the College Football Playoff Selection Committee. I have such high regard for the CFP process and for the committee members, who devote such time and energy to the great sport of college football. It was a pleasure to serve alongside them. I want to thank the committee members, as well as CFP executive director Bill Hancock and his staff. They all do wonderful work.”

Haden was serving the second year of a two-year term on the CFP selection committee.

“We will miss Pat,” Hancock said. “He knows and loves college football and brought excellent insight to the process, but we all understand.”

The committee will now have 12 members for the rest of the season. The group will issue its first rankings Tuesday, November 3, and will also issue rankings on four more Tuesdays before Selection Day, Sunday, December 6.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News