ADVERTISEMENT

Physicality

BJHofkin

Junior
Sep 20, 2007
I made a post in a thread about the OU game a few weeks ago saying I had a hunch we might be able to out-talent/out-athlete OU.

(Hold on while I put my shoulder back in its socket after I dislocated it patting myself on the back…)

I thought our speed and athleticism might be a notch or two higher than OU's, but what I DIDN'T anticipate is that we would bully them PHYSICALLY.

As with 9 out of 10 football games, this game was won on the LOS on both sides of the ball.

On O we had success early and often running between the tackles with both Weber and Barrett.

On D we absolutely stuffed Perine between the tackles (their successful runs came on misdirection or Mixon getting to the edge) and were in Mayfield's face all night.

And while our WR's physically dominated their DB's both blocking and receiving, our secondary laid the wood to the OU TE and receivers all night long.

Obviously our speed was a huge factor as well, but it was a real pleasure to watch us flat-out punch OU in the mouth on both sides of the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News