ADVERTISEMENT

Quick Perspective for Signing Day/Stud Thoughts

Kirk Barton

Night King
Aug 8, 2015
1. I always enjoy racing down the stretch to see who we end up with. It is an absolute blast. Signing day is to American what the NHL Trade Deadline is to Canada. With Coach Meyer, it has been must see TV the last few years...

2. That being said, I am more excited about how Coach Meyer DEVELOPS players than anything else. Based on recruiting rankings, Michigan should have a phenomenal offensive line. Their issue has been an incredible lack of development. One of the kids I talked to up there said they have "learned more under Jim Harbaugh in one year than they did in all of their years under Brady Hoke". That bears watching, as I think our matchup with Big Blue will be a much tougher test in year two under Harbaugh...

3. I love the addition of Stud as the OL coach. He was Coach Meyer's guys from Day 1, but LSU opened up the vault to keep him/promoted him to OC. He is an "OL guy" and has gotten rave reviews from coaches and players who know him or worked with him(I reached out to quite a few guys on this one). I think that Ed Warinner will be a big beneficiary here. He will be much more involved in the passing game as a TEs coach, which in turn makes the game much easier to call.

4. I really enjoy the working of this board, and I think that our staff does an incredible job of covering the kids we are recruiting. It is not an easy task to get a kid to answer or text back when they have already done 10 interviews that week. Our guys still get the goods though, which is a credit to them for building great relationships with the kids and their families.

5. Enjoy the trio of the Senior Bowl/Super Bowl/NFL Draft. If there is any question who the dominant force is in college football, check the number of participants we'll have in the three events combined. People lie, numbers don't.

Truly the Platinum Era of Buckeye Football

Headed to a meeting now, so fire away with questions and I will get to them later.

Go Bucks,
KB

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News