ADVERTISEMENT

Rolling Stones Review..Petco Park

nobuck

Mateo Mensa
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2001

1. Well, they could have mailed it in..But they did not...They could have been juke box mummies but they were not..

With the usual pomp and circumstance, the 2015 Rolling Stones took the Petco Park stage at 9:35..Finished with fireworks at 11:45..Keith came out like a lion and hit the opening chords to Jumpin Jack Flash..And, he and Ronnie Wood continued to find rhythm and lead groove all night long..Each song was extended with the bar soaked style which made the Stones famous..Highlights:

Bitch with Gary Clark Jr, was nasty..Midnight Rambler evoked the ghosts of Mick Taylor..totally raucous..Lisa Fisher nailed one of rock's masterpieces Gimme Shelter..I have seen 18 Stones shows and this version of Brown Sugar was the best yet..An extended R&B jam with blistering Sax..And, the first encore: The Cal State choir belting out the beautiful opening of You Cant Always Get What You Want..Made me wanna watch Big Chill again..

If you live in Ohio, I strongly urge you to be at Ohio Stadium next weekend...
    Wire, you will love it..

No one died(nod to Styk and Vic) and Keith's wooden teeth and axe were blistering.. Charlie Watts and Daryl Jones were propulsion dynamite..Mick was a dervish, sounded great and did moves that dudes half his age could not do..Master showman..Even made a joke..Said San Diego was beautiful--why would anyone ever leave? Except, the Chargers..

Set list..

Jumpin' Jack Flash
    It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)
    All Down the Line
    Tumbling Dice
    Doom and Gloom
    Bitch ( with Gary Clark, Jr)
    Moonlight Mile
    Can't You Hear Me Knocking
    Street Fighting Man
    Honky Tonk Women
    Slipping Away