ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers board and tOSU crowd

osu627

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 6, 2004
some comedy gold from the stands last night... A nice sample below - but there was so much more I left on the cutting room floor. These are mainly from just one of the threads on the free board titled "In the stands". There are others... my personal favorites in red:

Lots of OSU people. Ugh. And I'm in the first level.

No one travels better than tOSU and they're #1 in the country. B1G alumni population in NJ/NY is partly why we're in the conference that we thank our lucky stars we are in; why complain when that dream becomes a reality on nationally televised game at 8PM on ABC.

I am in 124 and I feel like I am surrounded. WOW, there are a lot of Buckeyes in the house

Was pretty loud when OSU came out for warmups! At least their fans blend in.

SO MANY OSU PEOPLE. When their team came on to the field for warmups, there was a big cheer.

so looks like we lost the home field advantage then. might as well be a neutral site game. pathetic.

Surrounded in 102.

This is all a process for our fan base. They need to see first hand how the big guys do it. We will get better.

70-80% of North End Zone OSU (I'm sober, too...).

They've taken over 7-Nation Army now...

The way the game is unfolding taking over 7 Nation Army is the least of it. They'll be banging the women, drinking the milk out of the carton and sitting in your EZ Chair when you get home...

I think they out number us.

OSU chant drowning out our band

Based on the O H I O cheer after the 1st Q3 TD, I estimated abour 4000 in north end zone and corners, and about 2000 on each of the sides.

Congrats to the OSU fans for being able to spell the name of their state. I tried to get a "N-E-W (space) J-E-R-S-E-Y" chant going in Sect 222 but it went nowhere.

And now the Buckeye fans are yelling to the guys at the cannon to "Shoot The Cannon."

They sure as hell traveled well I was surrounded by them in sec 222. Not total douches, but somewhat. The 'shoot the cannon' chant got my blood boiling. I was hoping out Minutemen had affixed bayonetes and advanced toward the crowd.

I sat in 209. More OSU fans than RU fans. OSU fans were fine, as the outcome was never in doubt. Their program is on another level. And they enjoyed themselves.

I'd say 60/40 local v Ohio. LOTS of Midwest accents walking into stadium tonight. They're not "bandwagon" fans, either, aka a Miami, these people are OSU alumni/family/transplants.

just got home. It was embarrassing for those of us who were there. I've never seen a stadium taken over by an opposing fan base before and it sucked. It just wasn't any fun as I was surrounded by OSU fans. If this is how it's going to be for the rest of the year I'm seriously considering selling my tickets.

The OSU fans behind me in Sec 105 paid $400 per ticket x 4. In 30 years I haven't seen that section completely taken over by visiting fans like tonight. Had to have been 80% OSU. At least they were nice folks. All of the OSU fans I met were really nice.

A very impressive turnout by the OSU contingent. They are big time in every sense.

...12:27 NEC to NYC is packed with them. They were literally just doing the OH – IO chant on the platform.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News