Saban > Urban JTB = Hurts

Status
Not open for further replies.

DUKENYC

Freshman
Gold Member
Sep 9, 2015
New York
First off I hate Alabama . .hate hate hate .. moreso then Michigan or taxes .. just hate Saban and hate Alabama but after last night .. I gotta finally tip my hat to the guy ... he is a cold hearted killa .. he did not hesitate to take Jalen out of the game and insert a throwing QB when a running QB just wasnt getting it done. When you watch that game you can not help but draw parallels to OSU .. for so many reasons . the def were similiar, the DL for Bama was dominant. The def kept them in the game and gave the offense time to find themselves. The Big difference was Saban willing to take a highly successful QB (Hurts 25-2) and bench him for a freshman QB .. think about that . .think about the guts it takes to make that move. I hate the guy will so much passion but man, that was a great call and allowed him to win another title. Now with the parallels of Urban .. let me first state I love Urban and wouldnt want anyone else for our coach, but he lacked the guts to take JTB out when it was deserved many times. JTB is Jalen Hurts and vs Rutgers and Maryland, he will throw for records and because he played in a high octane offense for 11 years it seems, he broke many records. But titles are ZERO. Titles are ZERO because he never learned to throw the deep ball, the running lanes for Bama opened up 2nd half when Tua kept looking deep. All of a sudden the backup Freshman RB gets 75 yards on 6 carries when the other high profile RBs in 1st half failed. Because the deep threat opened the middle. Que in Cardale to jalin 20 yard throws down the middle. Urban stuck with JTB no matter what when we saw Haskins rescue the Michigan game. We prob were going to lose that Michigan game with the way JTB was playing until Haskins rescued us. If Haskins plays vs WIsconsin, we prob win by 30 and maybe we make the final 4. Maybe. Listen, the JTB era is over and he was a great program QB and we love the success we have enjoyed with him for many years .. but you are kidding yourselves if you dont think we could have achieved higher in the last few years if we didnt have a different QB. We lost that Mich St game bec JTB couldnt throw and that was the most talented team of all. We lost in 2016 despite the defense being elite bec Deshaun was the man but JTB put up Zero. And we lost any opportunity to go this year bec JTB threw 4 INTs vs IOWA and did nothing vs OKL, so it is what it is .. if u just happy with bigten titles and beating Michigan and you are a throwback guy, you are hating my post right now and I understand that but if you feel we can do more .. if u feel we slightly underachieved looking back ... if u feel we should hv 2 titles instead of 1 last 6yrs .. its the combo of Urban getting ultra conservative in big spots and sticking with a QB who was not a complete QB but a very capable QB. Thats why as much as we hate Saban . he did what urban shoulda done but didnt do ... and it hurts to see it. I hope he adapts but I am not sure. So go ahead throwbacks and reply with 72-9 etc and all those things make me happy too ... but I just kinda wish we were a little more Bama and a little less Clemsoning this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News