ADVERTISEMENT

Texan’s updated Buckeyes to the NFL: 2020 mock: (Likely draft ranges after week 3):

texanbuckeye

Black Titanium Member
Gold Member
Jan 12, 2003
This week is loaded with mostly risers and just a few fallers...

In an effort to adhere to continued complaints by frankly......the entire Grove community....I am making a VERY concerted effort to shorten ALL of my posts: So without further ado......let’s get started:

Presenting your 2020 Buckeyes headed to the NFL:

1) 1st Round: DE: Chase Young (EE) (top 3 picks):
2) 1st Round: CB: Jeffrey Okudah (EE) (top 5 best case - 13 (worst case) picks
3) 1st Round - mid 2nd CB: Shaun Wade (EE) top 50 picks
4)1st Round - 2nd Round: LT: Thayer Munford (EE) top 64 picks
5) 2nd - 3rd Round: RB: JK Dobbins (EE) pick #33 - #64
6) 2nd - 3rd Round: OC: Josh Myers (EE) picks #33 -#64
7) 2nd -3rd Round: DT: Davon Hamilton
picks #33 -#64 (Trending upwards)
8) 2nd -3rd Round: CB: Damon Arnette
picks #33 - #64 (Trending upwards)
9) 2nd -3rd Round: LB: Malik Harrison
picks #33 - #64 (Trending upwards)
10) 2nd - 4th Round: WR: KJ Hill picks #33 - #110 (dropping a bit.... slightly).
11) 2nd - 4th Round: S: Jordan Fuller picks #33 - #110
12) 3rd - 5th Round: RT: Brandon Bowen picks #65 - # 165
13) 3rd - 5th Round: WR: Binjimen Victor picks #65 - # 165
14) 3rd - 5th Round Pick RG: Jonah Jackson picks #65 - # 165
15) 3rd - 5th Round Pick WR: Austin Mack #65 - # 165

(That’s the record right there my friends:
The rest of the picks are just the gravy baby....):

16) 4th -6th Round DT/ NT: Bob Landers picks “about #115- #220”
17) 4th- 6th Round: EDGE / DE: Jonathan Cooper “picks about #115 -#220
18) 4th- 6th Round DT / DE: Jashon Cornell “picks about #115 -#220
19) 7th Round APB/ KR/ PR: Demario McCall. As much as I like Teague... (how could you not, since he’s averaging 10 yards per carry). But...Unfortunately McCall is getting shafted as a back up RB / H. I hope he gets some more touches as a RB and H.
20) 7th Round Pick Rashod Berry. Unfortunately.. Berry is also really getting shafted. It’s great Farrell, Hausmann and Ruckert are all getting reps. But Berry - who would easily catch 60-75 balls with 10 TD’s at, Wisconsin, Purdue, Illinois or Louisville - likely will not get drafted, being buried so deeply on our depth chart.

The other strong candidates depending obviously on their individual performances the remainder of the season include:

21) Baron Browning - I like our 4-2-5’s - with White at Bullett.. Wade, Okudah, Arnette and Fuller, as our 4 DB’s and Harrison and Browning as our 2 primary LB’s. (And it looks like Friday, Harrison and JJB are all doing well in Smith’s absence at DE).

22) Brandon White: If he blows up like he did at the end of last year....the last “12 games” of this season (get it?)... He’s gone too.

23) P: Drue Chrisman: Best Punter in the country.....and the leading candidate for the 2019 Ray Guy Award Winner (5th -7th).

24) K: Blake Haubeil: The Best Kicker the country..... and the likely winner of the 2019 Lou Groza Award (6th -7th).

25) LB: Pete Werner (doubtful... but if Pope, Gant, Mitchell AND Stover are all nipping at his heels.... (and they all might end up being a bit better than Pete)... So it could be time for Pete to enter the draft (if he could get fewer snaps next year)......My Pete Werner NFL comp is - “Joe Schobert Part #2”.

26: LS: Liam MCullough: The best Long Snapper in the county..... and will be the winner of the 2019 Patrick Mannelly Award.

Then injuries and depth chart have put these following on the outside looking in....but long-shots now include:

27) Josh Alabi (could test well - and get a 7th round flier)
28) Justin Hilliard
29) CJ Saunders

Those 3 are likely to be URFA... and I think each will end up on practice squads

1)**** Chase or Tua will be #1 overall, IMHO
2)**** No way we don’t exceed 14 picks next year..

A) Win the National Championship this year
B) Send 20-24 guys to the NFL in 2020 draft
C) Come back fully loaded in 2020 and repeat as NC’s in 2020 /2021

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News