ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you, Grove!

BDill012

Hall of Famer
Dec 16, 2005
South Carolina
It sure has been a difficult week on the home front and there is nothing better to help relieve my mind than joining into the conversation on this site.

My wife was pregnant with our second child but miscarried on Saturday afternoon. It was one of the most difficult things that I have ever had to deal with. There is nothing to prepare you to help the love of your life deal with the biggest heartbreak in hers.

It was a very challenging week that began by moving a trip to the doctors up a week because we suspected something might be wrong. They scanned her on Friday and the baby was still there with the heart beating away. They told us that everything looked good and there was no reason to suspect that the pregnancy would not progress normally but wanted her to rest which is what she did the rest of the day Friday and was doing on Saturday morning.

Less than 24 hours after hearing and seeing the baby and heart beat I get a message from here while I am was doing play by play for a college soccer game with a picture of what she passed. On the live broadcast I go, "OH NO!" Doing the game on my own I could not leave and that was the most distracted and the longest 25 minutes ever! The doctors told us that we could go to the ER or wait it out and see them on Monday. We waited until Monday. On Monday afternoon they confirmed our fears. Saturday evening during the game, my wife who loves football, just cried throughout and eventually went to sleep during the game. Sunday was extremely difficult as well.

I know this is long and probably not the kind of stuff many want to read about, but I have been so caught up in being there for her I needed to share. This community has been a place where I get away from my everyday life and I appreciate the conversation and the wittiness in many of these threads.

Thank you, Grove!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News