ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks for a great football season, BuckeyeGrove.

Braden_M

Sophomore
Apr 12, 2019
I know nobody wanted the season to come to a close as soon as it did, but if you would, indulge me for a moment.

Today marks four months to the day that I first stepped into Ohio Stadium not as a fan or student, but as a reporter for BuckeyeGrove. I'd had some experience covering sports through The Lantern, but little would have prepared me for the experience of covering a college football game in The Shoe.

Seeing the masses of people funnel into Ohio Stadium, watching Script Ohio from further up than I had ever imagined and bearing witness to Justin Fields' first rushing touchdown are moments that I'll never forget.

As the season has progressed, seeing moments like the blackout against Michigan State, Chase Young's four-sack game against Wisconsin and standing on the field to watch Ohio State beat Michigan are other memories I'll hold dear for a long time.

Now, as I stood on the field watching Fields' game-sealing interception, there was a hint of disappointment that I wouldn't cover a national championship, but I couldn't help but just reflect on what a wonderful season it has been covering the team.

Of course, there's no covering the team if there wasn't an audience I was writing for. I know I'm not a perfect writer, but I certainly hope to have improved over the course of the last few months, and I hope you enjoyed my writing and that it brought a different viewpoint to the season for you. I've really enjoyed (most of) my interactions with the board and learning little by little about the culture here and seeing how the Grove takes care of their own.

There may still be a sting from the loss that I'm sure will take some time to fade away, but in the meantime, there's still a lot of basketball left to be played this season. We'll be back on the ground for Friday's game against Wisconsin, but by that point we'll have turned the calendar, so have a Happy New Year everyone, and thanks for a great season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News